I am not very knowledgeable in the area of audio, and I'm not really aware of most of the options out there, and all the complexities involved in an audio setup. I have a small room less than 19 feet across by about 10 feet wide with a height of about 8 feet that I want to put some quality speakers in. The room is also open onto the living room, but the sound is mainly meant to be heard within the confines of that space.

I mainly will be playing MP3s, games, movies and TV on the speakers. I tried out the Audioengine 5 speakers, and while I loved the audio quality and even the bass I got from it, the built-in amp couldn't handle a few hours of music at about maximum volume, so I thought perhaps I should go with a separate amp and speaker solution.

The issue here is quality and price, as usual. I'd like the best quality for the price, but my budget is rather limited. I've found that Axiom also caters to the cost-concious consumer and I've read good reviews so far, which is why I'm considering a pair of M3 v2 bookshelf speakers. If there are any A5 owners/listeners here, can you let me know how these compare to the A5 speakers?

The problem for, though, is that I absolutely cannot spend more than $600 on my entire setup. Now, keep in mind that this is a simple setup. I just want a pair of speakers for stereo, but I realize I also need an amp. Are there any recommendations in this area? I have seen some Sherwood as well as JVC amplifiers at reasonable prices. Would these fit well with Axiom speakers? Also, do I require a subwoofer with the speakers or will the bass from the speakers suffice?

Lastly, I would appreciate any recommendations, tips or suggestions that could help me out with this matter.