First, I'm not yet an Axiom owner, but soon. I have a couple custom wood finish samples in the mail, so once I've got my wife's approval on the finish, I'll be ordering. Right now it looks like a pair of M50's, a VP100, and four QS4's. Not sure about the sub...still researching that part.

I guess I've got at least 6 weeks to ponder this question and wanted to get some advice from the community. My room is 12' x 15' with 8' ceilings.

I have a concern about the mounting of the surround speakers because of some "obstructions" that prevent the optimal placement of these speakers. Out of the 4 surround and rear channel speakers, three will need to be mounted right up next to the ceiling in order to clear a door or window. Placement guidelines suggest that surround speakers be mounted a few feet above ear level and it looks like mine will have to be quite a bit higher than that. Also, I am worried that the top-firing driver in the QS4 will be too close to the ceiling. I saw someone on the message board mention tilting the speaker down towards the listening area to give it a bit more room on the top. I'm not sure if this is necessary or not. If so, how much tilt?

Next, I'm assuming that the fourth speaker needs to be mounted along the same horizontal plane as the other three speakers. Correct me if I'm wrong there.

Looks like I can do either a wall or ceiling mount for these guys. If I don't need to tilt, I can use the regular mounts. Which mount do you think would give me what I'm looking for while still remaining fairly low profile?

Thanks,

Ken.

Ken. VaSSallo Series M60v2, VP100v2, QS8v2 SVS SB12-Plus