Long time lurker, first post. Sitting in shopping cart now: 2 M60's, 1 VP150, 4 QS8's, 1 EP 500 - - all in High Gloss Cherry. And 4 wall mounts for the QS8's. Cost $3,587.20.

2 Samples that I ordered and have sitting next to computer 1 High Gloss Cherry, 1 Boston Cherry. I see that I can get the Boston Cherry on the outlet about $3,250 same package. Two questions that I wanted to ask before hitting the checkout button (gulp):

First, High Gloss Cherry sample looks real nice (Boston Cherry nice too). Clock is ticking on price increase and high gloss cherry going bye-bye. Time to make a decision either way. Was wondering if anyone has seen both finishes and has any comments? Figure it is about $350 more to go from the outlet Boston Cherry to the High Gloss Cherry. I am leaning toward the High Gloss Cherry b/c the sample really looks nice - - not sure if it is that much of a difference though for the extra $'s.

Second, is the EP500 worth the cost difference from the EP350? That extra $580 makes me ask. Never been a big bass person, but seems like lots of folks swear by the 500 compared to the 350.

B/n the high gloss cherry and the EP500, figure that adds about $950 or so which is why I figured I'd get some advice. I think I already have this upgraditis I keep reading about and I haven't even ordered yet...

Room is 14 feet wide, 20.5 feet long, 10 foot ceilings, 55" wall mounted plasma - - couch is about 15 feet back from the t.v. with t.v. on the short wall - viewing is the long way in the room. I have an Onkyo 803 (7.1). Mostly home theater - - 80%. The 20% music is Buffett, Marley, some rock, and local radio for wifie, top 40 type. Budget-wise, well was about 3 grand (before it was 2 grand), but hey, only live once and I am planning on having these speakers for a long, long time (that's what I keep telling my wife).