I like my dual M3s,

I can't compare to the VP150, I have never heard it. The reason I got 2 M3s over 2 M2s is because if I want to upgrade again in the future, the M3s can easily be resourced to other areas in the house, the M2s cannot hold their own as good as the M3s without a sub. I also plan on building a studio, in which I want to test both the M22s and the M3s in the studio environment, I suspect I will love the M22s as studio monitors.

With that said, the frequency response of the M3 is closer to that of the M22 than the M2 is to the M22, which is another reason to grab the M3.

In all honesty, you won't notice a big sonic difference from the M3 to your M80 mains at all. I don't notice anything with my M22 mains, it is an even soundstage throughout, I haven't done any SACD or DVD-A playing yet tho, so I can't comment on that front.

Your vocals will have a more "full" sound because of the 6.5" woofers, much warmer than the 5.25" woofers. My M22s are crisp and clean (which is what I like for 2 channel and for movies), but the vocals on the M3s for movies are still very crisp, but I suspect produce a warmer feeling than the VP series or M2s would.

Last edited by Hutzal; 03/05/07 07:00 PM.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com