Well, my nice Onkyo 804 receiver arrived yesterday, and I spend all evening hooking it up to my 43" Samsung 720p DLP, PS3 and cable box, and Rotel CDP. Everything works fine through my M60s, while still waiting for my surrounds and center to be shipped from Axiom. I am especially pleased with HDMI (video and audio) capabilities of my new receiver, as I was very nervous they would not work for a reason. Have you ever got that feeling with brand new equipment and technology? Fortunately everything went smoothly on:

1 - PS to Onkyo 804 to TV (HDMI and HDMI)
2 - Cox HD DVR to Onkyo 804 to TV (Component Video, Optical Audio to receiver and HDMI again from receiver to TV).

Have not yet tried my Rotel RB-1080 2X200 watts at Onkyo's preouts.

I have been itching to have a DVD-Audio player (I actually own 3 DVD-A discs, with no player!!!) and have seen several interesting titles for sale. Unfortunately, PS3 does SACD and NOT DVD-A. I also want to try an upscaling player with standard DVDs, knowing that my TV can do that, but why not trying to see the difference. Certainly OPPO comes to mind, reading all forum posts, reviews etc. I have also contacted their excellent customer service with questions on my specific setup. They suggested 970 due to my tv being DLP and problems that Farudja chip in their other two model has had. They also said that audio performance is best at 970. Do you guys agree? Any other brands come to mind? I can't just buy without your opinion. Thanks!

Axiom M60s, QS4s, VP100 Onkyo TX-SR804 Oppo 970HD Rotel RB-1080/RCD-1072 REL Q150E sub, PS 3