I can finally say that I too am an Axiom owner as my M22's just arrived.

Quickly hooked them up and placed on some chairs and wasnt that thrilled. I listened to some Blue Rodeo and Tragically Hip that I know and they did sound thin and hollow.

I then tried my Buena Vista Social Club CD and man was it great....clean, crisp, clear. The horns and percussion instruments jumped out at me. I then put in Nirvana Unplugged and the applause from the first track made me feel like I was in the 5th row, it too was a great recording.

I followed up with some Bob Seger, Stevie Ray Vaughn and my wife's favorite Dave Matthews Band CD. I'm not a real big Dave Matthews fan, but it sounded great.

I guess this is either the mythological "break in" or just the fact the M22's reveal poor recordings and great recordings for what they are.

Funny that I would rather listen to the Hip CD over the Dave Matthews before my Axioms arrived, but now its reverse.

Anyways, I'll put in some time with getting stands, setup and listening to my favorite music in the next while, then get back with more thoughts. BTW, should I set the speakers to small or large? Small seems to make my sub drive more bass.