Quote:

Quote:

I would recommend (instead of the VP150) a vertically orientated single M22 for your centre channel.
Another option would be 2 x M2s (or M3s) wired in parallel for your centre channel.
If you're on a budget and don't mind waiting, the Factory Outlet is a great way to save some money.

I never thought about using two M2's in parallel for my center. I'm really a noob in HT, but how does one go about wiring them up in parallel? Also, why don't you recommend the center channel (VP100 or VP150)? Just curious...i'm open to all ideas.
Also, I do intend buying from the factory outlet. Sounds like a good deal through there.

LH

Parallel,

Basically you hook up your first speaker like normal (8ohm M2), then you hook up the second M2 to the first M2 (positive to positive, negative to negative).

This will cut your impedance by half tho, so you have to be carefull with which reciever you buy, needs to be able to handle a 4ohm centre channel.

I recommend 2 because you can put one on top and one below your TV, it will sound like the dialog is coming straight from the centre of the display.

Also having 2 bookshelves is nice if you want to experiment with them upstairs or something.

It has also been said that a vertically orientated bookshelf has a wider dispersion than a horizontally configured speaker, others will agree, others will disagree, YMMV.

2 M2s would likely sound just as good as a VP150 for alot less too.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com