I use the regular "auto" mode as well (like ray mentioned).

I dislike the DSP settings on my Yamaha, I just like the plain old Dolby Digital/DTS.

For music, i have been listening 2 channel, i have tried the "auto" mode on music (comes out pro logic default), but too much gets sent to the centre channel, its great for TV and such because the dialog gets sent to the centre channels. and I tried the 7 channel stereo, in which case there is no way to localize the instruments because all the speakers are just equal in dbs...

Thanks JohnK for the suggestion on stereo sources, now all I have to do is find those settings somehow

Edit: Wow, I just looked on the online manual. I have been using the "auto" mode, when in fact I can choose which mode it is!!!!!!!!! There is a like of like 10 different PL sources...including Neo 6 Music and PL Music...thanks John!! if I had never read this thread, I would be still trying to listen to some music 7 channel, and some music 2 channel...I am eager to try that PL Music and Neo 6 Music....woooo!

When using PL Music and Neo6 Music does the centre channel play? If it does, is there someway to make it so the decoder doesn't use the centre channel? I dislike it when listening to music and the centre channel can be heard...All I really want is Left/Right (with surrounds included)

Last edited by Hutzal; 03/09/07 03:41 PM.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com