Well after 3 years in our new home my wife and I are finally gearing up to finish our basement. And while this is a really exciting project for us, I am constantly being distracted during this planning process by the prospect of upgrading my stereo/HT gear!! While originally thinking i wanted an enclosed dedicated HT room in my basement, i'm now thinking of keeping the basement more open and free-flowing. Not to mention that the money in construction costs saved by not walling off sections of the basement could better be used to buy HT gear like an EP500 sub! You see, I currently own a pair of M60's so i am addicted to the Axiom sound, quality, and service. I'm thinking of rounding out my HT for my basement with a VP150, 2 x QS8's and an EP500.

The sub is really the my biggest concern. I currently own an SVS PB10 - ISD which would have been plenty in a smaller enclosed room but my proposed basement design is going to be L: 40' W: 15' H: 9' or 5400 cubic feet. For those who own the EP500, do you think it will fill a room of this size with chest thumping bass?

Thanks