Quote:

I am tempted to simply run my speaker cables, properly rated, through the walls and ceiling, uninterrupted from speaker to receiver. Am I crazy? (rhetorical, don't answer that)

I agree that decent wallplates that give a quality connection shouldn't cause any problems. I doubt you would tell the difference in blind A/B testing as long as all the connections are done well.

That being said, I did just what you described in my theater; no breaks, just one piece of wire end to end from speaker to reciever. It was cheaper than buying all the interconnects, and I don't plan on ever changing it. But if I do decide to add wall plates later, I always could since there is plenty of cable to work with.

If you do go this route, just buy the nylon "unbreakable" wall plates and you can drill a hole just the size for your wire to go through for a clean in-room look. For behind the receiver you could do the same, just custom drill the holes you need. It gets trickier trying to line them up so use a spade bit to help start the holes where you want.

Good luck,

-Dave

M80s VP150 QS8s EP500s
ravenmanor.com/cinema/