I had the same dilemma, go with M22's or M50's. For me it came down to a couple of factors, namely sound, cost and esthetics. I wanted good sounding speakers without a doubt. Then came the issue of cost and esthetics. I knew I really wanted floor standing speakers because of the look but the difference between the M60's and M50's was a bit too much for my pocket book, $200 plus tax. I bought brand new HG Cherry, M50's, vp150, QS4'.

Keep in mind that the M60's are larger than the M50's and would have been too much for my space. A couple of inches can make quite a bit of difference in a 800sq ft condo. I'll be sitting around 9ft away from the speakers and they will be about 7ft apart. So the M50's won out in my case. I seriously doubt I will be disappointed with their performance. If I am well I guess I can always return them. The M22's would have probably been the better choice space wise as I could have put them sitting right on each side of my tv on my tv stand without the need for buying separate stands.

I have to admit though I still sometimes change my mind and think about changing my order to M22's or M60's but I think it's only because everyone on this site constantly mentions the M60's and M22's. After a while you start to question your judgement/decision.