Ken, i have to agree with Homedad. I've had two bad ebay experiences and both were because the seller simply put out a dishonest description of their item. They say things like "in perfect working condition" and when it arrives, things that could not have happened in shipping (like static-sound volume knobs or missing parts), are obviously not "working perfectly".

I've been avoiding ebay a fair bit unless it is an ebay store or a truly reputable seller. There are simply too many people selling junk for whatever cash they can grab. Who would ever complain over a $20 bid that went bad?
The fear about getting negative feedback when you are not a power seller or buyer dissuades you from leaving negative feedback for someone else.
I think many of those crooks count on this very thing occurring. I also think many people don't even believe that what they are doing is wrong or immoral in any way because the broken part they never mentioned was only a "small" oversight, no biggie. Uh ya, to the buyer, everything is important dumbasses, and when the shoe is on the other foot...

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."