Thanks guys for your advice..so the W3 with it's single 6.5 inch driver has more bass than the dual 5.25 driver of the W22 ? that's a good thing if that's the case because like you said, the W3 is smaller and size does matter in the kitchen !, just look at my knives for instance

Seriously, I just need some clean sound with decent bass output, not subwoofer bass output, but not shelf radio output, which is what my wife said "why can't we just keep the radio we have now ? " Because it distorts like hell when I play my Supper Club Flacs on it !! that's why !!! anymore questions ??..I did not think so.

Yes, you are correct, imaging is not prime and no I do not do critical listening in the kitchen, I do it in EVERY ROOM. Just kidding, but good sound is what I am after.
Interesting about the "new" soon to come out thinner W V2s !. Anyone has a time frame on that one ? As this is a kitchen, it would be good to have speakers on the ceramic wall between the counter and upper cabinets that does not protrude to much, if they made 3.5 inch into 1.5inch, I'm going with that for sure.. just a question of when ? According to my current project schedule, I would be ordering at the end of July.

I'm going build a mock up in carboard of the current W3s to see what it would look like.

Stay tuned for that dual EP600 powered self battering chicken project

Acoustic Zen Adagio, Veritas center, Axiom EP500, QS8s, Anthem AVM20, MC20,Adcom GFA7400