My parents are in their 70's and my Dad, who drives an Escalade with a killer sound system, has the balance and fade set so that only the left front is firing. I've owned several different stereo systems over the years and this is the first time he has ever commented on the clarity. The first thing my parents heard was Hotel California from the HFO CD and they kept telling me to turn it up - something they NEVER do. A couple of tracks later the recordings were live as opposed to studio and I guess the audience noise was a bit distracting for my Dad who thought it wasn't as clear as before. So I put in Andre Bocelli Sogno. I've never seen them enjoy this cd so much or at the volume level I had it at (90-95 dB, which is really loud for my Mom). Both of them settled into their chairs, put their heads back, closed their eyes and a soft peaceful grin came over both of them. Thirty minutes later my Dad said that he had never heard speakers that clean and clear before.

Not having heard the M60's or the VP100 I can't comment on those, but the M80/VP150 combo is stunning for dialogue. I was set on the 150 from the get go but went back and forth on the M60 v M80 decision. Knowing that I hate "I wonder what ..." and that I have a severe case of upgrade-itis, I went for the 80's. Glad I made that choice. YMMV.

Scott

Scott

My HT