I understand from Brent that there are a couple of people with the M60s in Florida. I'm interested in the v2s as a possible good mate to go with a McIntosh MA230 integrated (1963 tube model, 30 wpc)I had recently completely refurbished. The M60s are 8 ohms, which my Mac definately prefers (in spite of 4 ohm taps) and I have a somewhat large area (living room opening into dining room).

I tried the Revel Concerta F12, which is a slightly larger similar design (cermamic drivers with tweet, 5 1/4" mid, but has two 8" bass drivers). I loved the sound of the highs and mids, but the bass was too boomy for me. They have a single large rear port, and I couldn't get control of this when moving them out 3-4 ft. from the front wall. Foam plugs just made a softer boomy sound. The Mac, as a lower wattage tube amp with a damping factor of only 5, contributes to the problem. Also, the Revels were a 6 ohm nominal (minimum below 4), and that doesn't help.

I'm hoping the M60s will be a better mate (8 ohm nominal, 6 minimum, 6 1/2" aluminum bass drivers, multiple ports, better senstivity, etc.)with a better integration of frequency response, top to bottom. The graph Axiom provideslooks remarkably flat.

I'd love to hear these first, as my preference would be a wood veneer version and Axiom understandably can't refund the price difference for this option.

Any opinions out there?

I live in Delray Beach (W. Palm Beach area), but also travel to Tampa Bay area frequently, in case someone out there can let me listen.

Tony