I’ve got 12 hard wired Cat 5 locations (wall plates) in the house. All are home run back to my office and I landed them onto a 12 port Cat 5 block. I really didn’t know what I was doing, so I sorta ‘winged’ it.

I am currently using a Linksys five port router and I use short Cat 5 cables from the router to the Cat 5 12 port block to heat up the needed room wall jacks.

Well I’d like to heat them all up and I figured I’d just pick up a router with at least 12 ports. I wandered into an office max yesterday thinking I’d get something off the shelf, but was quickly confused. There wasn’t but a couple routers that were not wireless and they only had four or six ports.

I just did a Google search on these things and of course I was overwhelmed with the options that popped up, including brand names.

Can one of you IT types recommend a router solution? A buddy of mine told me to stick with Linksys, although I don’t know why. They are definitely more money…..

I have a space limitation too. I need something pretty small to fit in between wall studs and all the other ‘stuff’ I foolishly crammed into this spot.