Thought you might like that!!!

It's a gift! ;)

Anyway, my advice is logical. I auditioned the line at a dealer that did not seem interested in spending time with me, or showing me how good the Axioms could sound. This should not be tolerated at ANY store. Prove to me I should spend the money, set up what would representative of the system I should use, build a better system I can compare to...all things good dealers will do. I have been pestering my dealer friends to drop a pair of Axiom 60-80 off so I can put them through their paces in MY listening rooms and various systems. I must say, I am eager to hear the 80's!

As for your decision, base it on your budget, needs and wants. My methods may not be entirely popular, but they do produce good systems. Reach as high as you can, even if it means delaying a purchase. You will be much happier in the long run by not getting what we in the enterprise computing world term " a forklift upgrade" - or buying it all now, but having to sacrifce some elements to make the package fit the budget. It would be far better to take the money, focus on one piece, buy the best quality piece you can get (after listening) and start looking and saving for the next. I will leave the choices of pieces up to you.

Regards,

BBIBH