I have been wondering about dual subs as well. Practically all of the low bass in a movie soundtrack is recorded into one channel, the LFE. Even if it weren't, low frequencies are mainly non-directional such that only a few people can perceive separate sound sources below 70Hz. Since the EP-500 has a brick-wall cross-over implementation, there is no extension of output above the cross-over, thus making the EP-500 even more difficult to localize (easier to place) in a room. My pre/pro has the capability to run two subs and when all speakers are set to small, the left sub gets the bass from the center, left main ,and left surrounds, and the right sub gets the center, right main and right surrounds (in addition to LFE for both subs of course). While this bass distrubution is stereo, as compared with the LFE channel, inability of our ears to localize this low bass still applies. So, if one EP-500 is sufficient for a given size room, why would there be a benefit to using two subs? I would really like to hear others' thoughts (especially those of Jakeman and dllewel) on running two or more subs.
John

John
Our HT