I've lived w/ my Axiom setup for about 1 1/2 weeks now. Here's my full setup:

Front: M22's
Center: VP150
Surrounds: QS8's
Sub: VTF-2
DVD: Apex Digital 600A, analog and co-ax digital
DirecTV: Sony SAT-T60, analog and optical
Pioneer 45TX

After spending time w/ the M22's, I'm appreciating them more. Sound is becoming fuller the more I listen. I also prefer it more in 2 channel stereo for straight music. The sub is seems to be doing it's job, did the sub crawl last nite but the most optimal place is pretty right in the middle of the hallway. VP150 impresses me more and more, even just watching DirecTV, the dialogue is quite strong and clear, glad I "upgraded" from the VP100. I have yet to find a digital directv channel though to test the optical connection...

DVD digital connection is verified, the DVD's play in Dolby Digital and the 45TX senses the digital feed.

Now, my issue is w/ the QS8's. I've no doubt that they can be good, if not great, speakers. However, I've not been able to get them placed/calibrated to get the really impressive surround sound effect. I've tried my LOTR and Clone War DVDs and wasn't impressed. I've raised the QS8's to about 3' above ear level, about 1' back. This is better than ear level at 1' back. I still think there's room for improvement.

1) Any suggestions for DVDs that would tax the surrounds? Someone suggested Gladiator.
2) I ran MCACC, but would it better to turn up the level on the surrounds above the current level?
3) I have the AVIA disc and can hear the surrounds fine. But w/ an actual movie, nothing spectacular. Any other suggestions or tests?