Quote:

Hi,

It IS much better quality than standard analog FM and AM radio but unfortunately it took many years for the industry to select and standardize a system that didn't cause interference to the analog AM and FM signals broadcast on the same channel.

The system chosen carries the digital signal on a sub-carrier frequency, which is extracted and decoded for playback. It works, and so far I have not come across reports of interference between the digital and analog signals.

When I lived in Toronto, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (and some commercial broadcasters as well) experimented with a digital terrestrial radio system based on a European standard called Musicam. I later did listening tests with this system and it was excellent, but it never materialized because the broadcast frequencies conflicted with some military frequencies in use by the Pentagon. . .

I have not done in-home tests of HD radio, but you might find some reviews by critics I know if you Google HD radio or check on CNet.

Regards,

Pictures ground forces in Bagdad waiting for target info and gets Dire Straights "Money for Nothin" in HD Radio.

Last edited by KC23; 05/14/07 10:57 PM.