Very funny Rick. Well yes when you come to subwoofers higher output usually means better performance but there are several other important criteria, space and WAF being right up there. Luckily for me, the latter two criteria don't affect me.

I currently have an EP600 in a TV room measuring 11'x19'x9' not quite 1900cf, level matched to small JBL monitors and am very satisfied with it. That room is smaller than Ereed's 2300cf room.

I often get asked that question "how much subwoofer do I need?" which I usually respond with "how much headroom can you afford"? Its not a smartass answer because subs are like that. My general recommendation is for people to see if they can justify dual subwoofers. One EP500 would be an excellent choice with loads of clean output and the EP600 better still. But 2 500s would be optimal since it would provide more even frequency response throughout the room with still more headroom.

On dual subs, I have gotten a few PMs about dual 350s instead of one 500 but I wouldn't go there because there is such a leap in performance from the 350 to the 500.

John