Quote:

Yes, I think you are referring to the SVS debacle that happened a few months back. I believe it boiled down to SVS having paid a few employees (or evangelists, I can't remember) to fluff up their ratings on several discussion boards. It was a dumb move, to say the least.

Unless you're really holding a grudge against them for it (whic is understandable, online companies live and die by their reputation), don't dismiss their subs. Granted, the EP500/EP600 are monster subs, that will give you years and years of heart palpitations. But HSU and SVS offerings aren't slouches either. The VTF-3HO, while looking like a prop from a 50's scifi movie, has a lot of glowing praise to be found. The new SVS PB13, and redesigned PCi-Ultra look like a beastly subs. Both are several hundred bucks cheaper than the EP600, and may or may not offer similar performance, as they've not been released yet. They PB13 offers 'room compensation' as well, which could be an interesting trick.

I still simply love my PCi+ 20-39. Very musical, very even and smooth bass response, but is able to slam hard enough to feel it in your chest, scare the cat, and make the neighbors complain.

You can not imagine the impact that a good sub makes. I debated for a couple of years over dumping my aging Kenwood craptastic sub. When I finally bit the bullet and ordered a 'real' sub, the difference was astounding. No matter which company you choose, welcome to the club.

Quote:

Were they the ones with the questionable marketing practices, or was that someone else?

I had no idea that went on with SVS...damn thats dumb lol. I dont like the fact they did that but I wouldnt NOT buy there sub becasue of it...if it was the one I wanted.

Thats why I am waiting to look at subs till the new ultras are out. The ep600 would have a harder time getting waf but not impossible I think. I will probably end up with one or the other. The SVS sounds nice on paper...

I have dual 20-39cs+ on a samson 1000 amp...corner loaded...and I like bass heavy rap and just bass music. Lets just say I have broke a few things in the house lol