Quote:

Well, I've made my own and I'm using them now. However, I don't recommend making the kind I made which are like this. It was time consuming, painful to the fingers, and generally a big pain in the a**. However, I did notice a *slight* improvement over the 12 gauge wire I was previously using (these cables are 10 gauge). Still, it was not enough to justify ever repeating the process again. Plus, they are big, heavy, and ugly regardless of the mesh covering I have on them. I don't know why I made them in the first place. I guess it was the challenge and curiosity...or just simply boredom and too much time on my hands.

I made a set of these too, I did have quite a bit of time on my hands and it was something i had been wanting to try for a while so when i was able to score enough free cat5 to make these i jumped on it. It definetly takes a bit of time to seperate out the strands, braid them, braid them again, braid them again, and when i was done they were about 2 foot shorter than i was planning on so what i ended up with was a 6' pair. I solderd some radioshack spades onto them and called it a day.

The bad part is theyre too short to use in my setup anyway