Ok, I just signed on to the forums. I'm trying to decide which speakers to get for my apartment. Now, I read the last m60 vs m80 thread, but I am a newbie to this whole HT/ hi-fi stereo thing. I want to know which tower will serve me better. I don't want to make this too long of a post, so I'll be as brief as I can...

Music lover here, my dad took care of my education with good music and vinyl. Never had money enough to get into this whole hi-fi world until now. Did a lot of reading online, audioholics.com, etc. Did some listening as well (never Axioms though). Still a newb and unsure.

Uses for system--both music and HT, some parties. I listen, and love, every genre of music with the exception of opera. I'll listen to classical, hip-hop (on occasion), classic rock, country, electronic, metal, jazz. You name it. However, I'll say that a huge part of my listening is rock and metal oriented (Maiden, Metallica, AC/DC, GNR etc). I'm a riff-o-holic. I'm a guitarist, what can I say .

Apartment--This is tricky. It's a loft with the TV/stereo upstairs. Open. Approx. measurements--Loft is 22 ft wide, 8-ish high, 12-ish long. 2100 cubic ft. The back wall is actually a balcony half wall overlooking the kitchen/living room area. Downstairs is 22 ft wide, 25 feet high, about 15-16 long. 7900 cubic ft. Hardwood floor, side wall is painted cinderblock, rafter wood beam ceiling, glass front window wall. Not too much carpet/padding. Rommate's room is directly under the loft area, behind the living rm. The Axiom Wizard says m60's are enough for a large room and a rock listener/action film fan. I'm unsure since the combined space is so large.

So here it is, I need the experienced people to help me out. I will also be using the systems for parties on occasion (I'm a young guy), so I want to know if either tower will be likely to struggle trying to drive the party downstairs. I also want to know if there is a noticeable difference in sound quality between the two (different clarity, transparency, soundscape size, general behavior). I'm also trying to decide between the EP500 and EP600 for the space.

Side view of apartment:
|
|______| <--loft/tv
|
|
|______|________| <--glass front wall

The 1st tick mark on the bottom is the wall separating the roomie's bedroom from the kitchen/living room.

Thanks in advance, all you vets.