I will be making some custom stands actually.

The M60's will be on small stands so that I can put spikes on the speakers and not worry about them damaging the carpet. I am currently trying to find a finish that will match either of the two cutsom Axiom finishes I am currently considering. The stands will be sand filled of course to sonically isolate the speakers from the floor.

You bring up a good point about the QS8's. I knew they had the woofer in the bottom, so I will need to make the top platform upon which the speaker rests with a hole in it where the woofer is. It would help if I knew how big that hole was. I think I may wait until I actually get the QS8's before making the top part of the stands so I can make the hole in the right spot. That is, unless I can get some kind of picture of the bottom of the QS8's. Something like a photocopy would be great. I could then blow it up until its size was that of the measurements you gave above. I will post some pics of the stands when they are done.

I simply can not resist a DIY project when I see one. Definately a weakness of mine.