WOW, I just got bummed out today...I had an installer set up my home theater...Since I have just gotten a new 50" Samsung DLP HDTV, I wanted to make sure everything was right...Anyway...
After hooking up all my components....DVD, VCR, Satellite HD DVR, Monster Power, All thru my YAMAHA RX-V2400, I was THRILLED to hear the sound which was now sent thru using the Fiber optic cables (my previous setup with the same A/V receiver was not set up this way....
Pretty cool....BUT, to my dismay, I was UNABLE to get ANYTHING on my ZONE 2 Channel, which happens to be my outdoor speakers by the pool...
The tech explained to me that the Zone 2 cannot pick up digital signals, only analog signals...BUMMER
I cannot hear the XM satellite stations on my outdoor speakers..Nor can i listen to CD's MP3's thru my DVD player outside..
This was Useless to me, since I need the sound outside...That was a reason for the ZONE 2..

Any ideas as to what I can do?
There is NO WAY to utilize the fiber optic AND analog wires?
I am newbie at this stuff, hence the reason for the tech set up and nOT myself.....
I guess I am forced to listen using the component cabling, and NOT the optic cables?

Sigh.....Any thoughts?

The World Is Full Of Kings And Queens Who Blind Your Eyes Then Steal Your Dreams......