Hi aouimet,

I think you'll be quite satisfied with the EP350 in your 2000-cu. ft. room: its output is tight and solid, but it doesn't qo down quite as deep as the EP500. Nevertheless, the 350 is "very good" on electric bass and acoustic bass and on kick drum", as I noted in comparative subwoofer tests I was doing earlier this week at the Axiom listening room.

To translate that into real-time experience, if you're watching the scene where the pods emerge in the remake of "War of the Worlds", there are lots of good deep rumbling and impressive low-frequency effects from the EP350. If you then switch to the EP500, the amount of ultra-deep output is awesome, and quite scary. But you'd only notice that difference if you have the two subs in the room and are doing comparative tests.

The other virtue of the EP500 is the amount of very low-frequency output. You could put the EP500 in a much larger room--say, 5,000 cu. ft or larger--and it would continue to be as impressive. The EP350 wouldn't keep up to it because its amplifier is smaller, the box is smaller, and the woofer isn't as linear because the 500 has the custom DSP circuit coupled to the 500-watt amplifier.

But I assure you that you won't find the EP350 disappointing.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)