Mike,

I looked at the so-called ICEpower link and it is a lot of marketeering frankly. ICEpower is nothing more than a class D amplifier that incorporates negative feedback.

What they refer to as "conventional class D" is simply a class D amplifier with no feedback. What they refer to as ICEpower is a class D amplifier with negative feedback from the switching node and the filter node to ensure that the amp remains stable over a wide range of speaker load impedances.

I wouldn't be surprised if Axiom utilizes this same "dual feedback" mechanism in their A1400 architecture in order to enable the amp to be compatible with an extensive range of speakers. I am sure you know this but it's worth repeating for others: when evaluating amps, it's best to compare their specifications than fall victim to marketing hype. I know it's difficult to do that in this case because Axiom hasn't released comprehensive specs for the A1400 so Axiom better get cracking because it looks like the competition is around the corner .