I do have M80s and I used to drive them with just the 84 and it worked just fine. At the moment I am using a couple of ATI 1502s in bridged mode for my 80s as I really like the extra power but the Elite drove them just fine.

The 84 has 30W more, video upscaling/processing and advanced speaker calibration with standing wave control. Does this advanced calibration really work?

I haven't really investigated the advanced calibration other than basic calibration with the included mic as I didn't really like the mcacc effects so just turned off the equalization. The video upscaling seems to work quite well though.

Also, can you tell us how well dialogue enhancement, THX modes and midnight mode work?

I haven't really used the dialog enhancement or the midnight mode at all but did try the THX settings and they work well I still prefer DTS with PLIIX layered over top as I have a 7.1 system.

The main reason I bought this receiver was because it had 4 HDMI inputs and it would upscale everything through HDMI, in that matter it did not disappoint.

2xM80 VP180 2xQS8 2xM3 HSU STF3 LG 60PS11 Denon 3808 ATI 1506 LCR 2xATI 1502 Oppo BDP-83