hey guys,

I just convinced my father in law to get an Axiom setup over a Jamo HTIB with speakers about 3 inches by 3 inches marked down from $1500 to $500...I can't believe some of these big box retailers selling stuff like this...

In any case, he has a pretty big room but is on a strict budget, they don't watch ALOT of movies in the basement (which is pretty big, and could easily use M80s).

So here is my plan:

Reciever: VSX-917 (1016) from futureshop on sale right now for $379...which is a killer deal.

Speakers:
M22 mains, M2 centre, M2 surrounds.

Sub:
I am thinking the EP350...however, if there was better choice in Canada for the $700 shipped category, I may go with something different, any suggestions? does the PB10 from SVS outperform this sub?

Of course, all the cables will be from monoprice etc.

They really won't be able to appreciate the QS series surrounds, I am just happy I convinced him to go with Axioms instead of these little tiny speakers that are as big as my thumb!

I was almost going to go with M2 or M3 mains...but I think M22s are most needed in his basement (which is well over 6000 cu.ft. I think). Seating area is very intimate, farthest seat is around 10 feet from the screen, so the M22s will work well.

any suggestions? How is that reciever, anyone own it?

thanks!

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com