I looked into it ' very slightly' when I built my home last summer. Seems like a good choice if you live in a climate with large temperature changes, as I do. It's not that it's that much better of an insulator, just that it takes much longer to heat up or cool down, making sudden changes in temperature less severe on your heating/cooling system.

However, I could only find web info from vendor sites so I took it all with a grain of salt. Also, when I asked the different contractors I was considering about it, none of them had even heard of it. I'd rather have them work with construction techniques they are experienced in.

In the end, I wasn't really looking that hard at it and I probably would not have chosen it in any case. Call me old fashioned, but I like a wood house. I even opted for cedar shingles. ( I know I'll regret it in 5 years when I have to redo the bleaching oil.)

In contrast, another house just down the bay went up at the same time. There house is way down a long lane and they keep funny hours so I have not met them yet but I'm pretty sure I saw them pouring the walls so it's not Autoclaved Aerated Concrete .

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.