I have the M80's with a Yamaha 2600, no amp, in a 19x11x8 room with a hallway. I can turn it up louder than is practical when I'm in the room, and loud enough that I can listen to music all over the house. That said, getting a couple of monoblocks is a constant temptation, but I don't think I really need it.

At lower volumes the speakers sound just as good as they do at higher volumes, and yes, these speakers live up to the hype-I've had mine for about a year now and I'm very satisfied with the purchase. I do a lot on the system-TV, Gaming, HT, and music and I'm not dissapointed in any application. Music is quite a treat-even stuff I usually wouldn't listen to I'm willing to try out on these speakers.

I've heard favorable things about the M60s, and I'm sure I would have been happy with them as well. It really comes down to whether or not you'll be tempted to get the M80s later if you get the M60s now.

Oooh, another consideration-I also have two under two in the house but the room that houses my speakers is off limits to the little ones. I would be scared that the kids would damage the woofers-or that they'd get crushed pushing a speaker over. I'm considering the in wall speakers for the room they spend time in.