While I’m a definite proponent for rear surrounds in a 7.1 system, I’m beginning to think it’s over rated for HT and you could throw up just about anything to exploit whatever garbled noise gets sent to them. I have been considering swapping out my M3’s for another set of QS-8’s, because the M3’s are just too darn big and look out of place for my small room. Well the other day I was chasing a possible wiring issue and ended up with just the Surround backs (M3’s) hooked up to my receiver. Has anyone ever done this?? If you haven’t, do it… A PLIIx matrixed movie sends nothing but a mess of un-intelligible noise to these speakers. I don’t care what you put up to reproduce this garbage, it’s still just garbage. The only thing that sounded pretty darn good was when I put in my trusty SACD Dark Side of the Moon, and also a few Discrete 6.1 DVD’s and two 6.1 Blue Ray DVD’s I have. The sound coming from the back surrounds was much more identifiable and not just noise. So from my little science project with the rear surrounds, I wouldn’t get too excited over the speaker you use, just use something. – Don’t waste your money Jack. Try listening to just the backs first. You may change your mind.