I'm designing a media/pool room in my basement.

Here's the mock up (sorry for the crudeness): The checkerboard is the AVrack, the fence is the screen and the black boxes are the speakers. My Basement

Some dimensions:
North wall to south wall (on HT side 18.5 feet)
North wall to south wall (on pool table side 23.5 feet)
West wall to pole (red dot) 13.75 feet
East wall to pole (red dot) 12 feet
Ceilings vary between 7 and 8 feet (some tracts for ducts)
Room volume: about 1800 for the HT side and 4900 for the whole basement.

Gear (not purchased yet):
Pre/pro: Integra 9.8
Amp: Outlaw 7200
DVD: Oppo 1080p upconverting model (am waiting on blueray/hd for now)
Speakers: Axiom Audio Epic 80 - 600 7.1 (maybe)
Video: Sony Pearl 1080p projector
Music source: Squeezebox

Plans for use:
Movies: A lot of action adventure stuff, but also some drama from time to time.
Music: Pretty varied. I mostly like hard/classic rock with some rap. Wife's more into pop.

My questions:

1. Any comments/concerns about the non-Axiom gear? I think it's a pretty solid combination.

2. Given my dimensions and needs, would I lose out on anything by dropping to the 80 500 or even the 60 500 combination? If it will produce better sound I'm willing to spend the money, but if it's overkill and I can save a few bucks for furnishing the rest of the house I'll do it.

3. The right side of the home theater portion of the room is open. Is this going to cause significant issues? I was thinking about putting a sliding curtain to separate the 2 halves of the room, but asthetically I'd rather not if I can avoid it. Also I'm trying to keep that side clear to allow room around the pool table.

4. The door at the bottom of the picture opens into a small unfinished room with the boiler and circulator pump. These get a little noisy in the winter. What would be the best way to sound proof that so it doesn't affect the home theater.

Thanks in advance for your help.

UNCMo96. Go tarheels!