Quote:

Thank you everyone for the imput.

I will let you and mdrew duke it out over the conduit issue

mdrew - I know you said you didn't read the entire post, but I am having trouble getting the ent/smurf tube at retailers in my area. Any suggestions for getting this online?

thanks again.

Nawww… Robb’s a good guy, just stingy. No need for us to be scrap’n. (Now watch him come back with one of his references to me being a spoiled oil patch worker…. )

Sorry, but I have no idea where to buy electrical supplies on-line. (now that I’ve read your first post)

If you find one though, I’d be more than happy to give you a shopping list and instructions / tips for installation. For reference, I have had great luck with Carlon tube and fittings. I used ¾” for all my runs with the exception of the projector run which I ran in 2” rigid PVC. I would not use ENT for the projector run because you might want to pull some heavy gauge component cables some day and the ENT wouldn’t be the best choice for that.

You also need to consider power for your projector. This can be challenging if you want to use a power conditioner or UPS at your eq rack. I ran a dedicated home run 110v / 20 amp circuit to the where I wanted to position my rack (highly recomended). From there, instead of daisy chaining the circuit to the projector receptacle, I used a weather proof J-box and flush mounted it to the wall over the in-wall J-box. I then used a threaded, clamp style EMT adapter and secured a good appliance cable to it. I tied that cable to the romex leads from the projector outlet that I ran to the in-wall J-box with the feed from the pannel. I just plug this cord into my UPS and my projector bulb is protected from brown and black outs, plus, the UPS is also a power conditioner (for what that’s worth). If that’s confusing, I can shoot some pictures your way. It probably sounds more complicated than it is. For my sub, I use a surge protector at whatever outlet the sub happens to reside next to.

When I get more time I’ll just post a couple pictures…..