Lack of time was also the reason I went with Glen's Tri-Traps vs building my own and they've proved to work out very well so far. The panel behind the top of the TV *was* directly behind the center channel prior to moving the CC below the TV but the primary reason for the panel was aesthetic more so than acoustics but hey, if it works an added acoustic bonus never hurts. I've since added another panel on the floor behind the TV to fill the visual gap to the red wall from the open area in the TV stand, again primarily aesthetics. I didn't go with panels on the first reflection points on the sidewalls because a window on one sidewall and a CD/DVD cabinet on the other sidewall pretty much took care of that issue.

I've seen some rooms that tend to be so overwhelmed with acoustic panels that the overall visual effect took away from any effort the owner had at making an eye appealing TV/HT/Music room. I'm an advocate of overall balance between sound and looks, which can be a difficult chore at times.

Stymie thanks for the compliment. I'm thinking a pair of floor to ceiling bass traps in the corners would look extremely nice and I also believe you'll like the results. Have you stacked any pillows or like material in the corners to tell a difference?

Rick
Our Room

smile