I’m looking for a straight pre 70 myself Randy. I've always wanted one after watching Better Off Dead ("I want my two dollars!!"). I don’t even want the drive train, just a rolling chassis with all the panels. I plan to put the new LS7 crate engine in it (slightly modified of course)…

I spent a few years building race engines professionally. Couldn’t make any money at it, so now I just do it on the side for friends. The 406 above was quite a challenge. Probably the most challenging build I’ve done including some pretty wild 700+ cid pro-mods and aluminum 410 sprints. He wanted 500+ hp, had to be a small block, had to run on 90 octane pump gas, and had to have street manors. He also wanted it to be nitrous and fuel injection adaptable. I had to work with Dave Crower personally to model the camshaft profile. We went through two cams, two different intakes and two different carbs with it on the dyno before getting it right. It’s ready for a 400 hp shot, but the owner had a change in heart after realizing what 600 hp in a shark does. He can’t get it to hook up as is, so a burst would be worthless… It’s so friggin loud you never know when the tires are spinning by sound. You have to drive (when playing) by watching the tach and feel… when you can lift your head off the seat and see the rpm’s rev, you know you’re spinning. If it’s hooked up, your head doesn’t come off the seat till you get your foot out of. There is no powering through corners… you get speed up before going in and power when you’re out. Hit it in the middle and you’re looking the wrong direction real quick…