I was really looking forward to this feature on the new high-def formats, but I hadn't heard anything about it in a while. I read a little, and it looks like it has been mandatory on all HD DVD titles, but not on Blu-ray Disc. Neither format supports it in any capacity yet, but at least HD DVD is ready when the feature is finally in a consumer product. I was looking forward to having all of my movies backed up on a hard drive, so I could stream them to wherever I want in the house, and I could just pick the movie off of a menu rather than walk two feet to my media shelf. Okay, so movies on a hard drive aren't quite as convenient as music on a hard drive, as you're less likely to jukebox movies, but still, it just looks cooler, right? Isn't that worth some excitement?

But yeah, I'm putting off getting Windows Vista until Managed Copy is implemented. One article I found said it should be ready by this holiday season. Here's hoping. I was planning on building my new computer after the new year.

The annoying thing is that they can charge you for making a backup if they want. If that's the way it ends up being, what a joke. This whole not really owning the content that you buy thing is ridiculous.