Quote:

Nuke, it still isn't entirely clear(at least to me)why you'd require that the center speaker be raised. There doesn't appear to be a good reason not to have the M80 sitting at the same level as the mains with the mids and tweeters presumably being high enough so as to be behind the screen.

Hi JohnK,

This is my first AT (acoustically transparent) screen. As I understand it, you want your center channel to be in a position so that the sound is coming from the middle of the screen (instead of above or below it). That's why I want to raise the M80. And yes, optimally, L,C, and R would be mounted at the same height behind the screen, but that would put the tweeters quite a ways above the listener's ears.

I may try that configuration, but my original issue would be tripled; how do I get them up there?

But my plan is to split the difference between what is best for movies (center channel in the middle of the screen) and music (L and R with tweeters more or less at ear level flanking the screen).

Unless there's something wrong with my thinking here. Am I doing something stupid here?

Thanks for your help!

-Nuke