If anybody has one or both of these components. I have a serious problem that I've previously posted about and thought I fixed but didn't. It is a bit complicated but bear with me.

I have my denon 2910 dvd player currently connected to my yamaha v2600 via HDMI. In my denon set up menu, I have the audio output set on LPCM, which yields the best results but doesn't output to the ex channels regardless of the source or DSP. On top of that it doesn't allow me to use any types of decoders in my yammie. I've tried selecting the "normal" setting in my denon, which allows me to use all decoders in the yammie and utilize the ex channels BUT the sound quality is dramatically worse. Whats the problem here?

As for my yammie I previously posted that I believe my two mains inputs were fried. Someone mentioned something about the A-B buttons on the front panel and it seemed to have fixed the problem. But now it seems I can only get 5.1 channel audio from my dvd collection. For example, the center channel doesn't work on anything but regular dvd's. It is completely silent for all games and HD DVD/Blu ray movies unless I select straight 7ch audio which, of course, sounds very unnatural. Am I right in assuming that there is something wrong with the amp of the yammie?

As for the denon, isn't there a way to have the cake and eat it too--selecting LPCM and utilizing decoders? And a last question...Is it possible to still use decoders in my yammie for blu ray/hd dvd movies while sending it uncompressed audio or are those things bypassed?