Ack, just when I was happy with my ignorance, you peaked my curiosity again.

Just so I understand, you are saying that....
-- The entire LFE channel will flow to the sub at neg-10, or whatever this extra setting is placed at.
-- Any lows in the other channels will play at normal settings (except what's being cut off from crossover settings.)

--End Result is that if it is left at zero, one could be getting above normal bass volume when playing 'some' DTS music.

Perhaps this is why I find I prefer DTS over Dolby. Maybe I'm a bass head and didn't even realize.............. heh heh

I'm betting now that the "some" dts music part is also why one of my favorite things to do to people who want to hear my speakers is first play the Eagles-Hell Freezes Over to impress them with the amazing accuracy and how every instrument sounds like it's right in the room. Then when they are all relaxed I put in Nine Inch Nails - Live Beside you in Time, go right to the song "Closer" and watch their faces as the walls start to shake even though I didn't change the volume levels.

Of course, it's a louder DVD all round and I'm convinced that they, NIN, sometimes mix their bass through electronics to lower the frequencies below the natural levels anyways.

I digress, but thanks for answering my question.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.