Quote:

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty sure I'll be placing an order for the 875 soon from JR.com. They've got it for 1299 with free shipping. Haven't seen a better deal anywhere. It's currently out of stock, but I'm in no huge rush.

Just set up the PS3 tonight. It's currently downloading updates. Everything I read is true about how easy it is to setup considering how many features it has. The wireless connectivity was a snap. Right now I've got it hooked directly to the tv via HDMI, and am using the optical out for audio into the AVR-5800. I'll hopefully get a chance to watch a blu-ray movie tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it goes.

I was really on the fence between the 875/905/Denon 3808. The big plus for Onkyo was the proper scaler (don't know why Denon cheaped out here). Reading reviews and hands on from users, there have been some significant problems with popping and other deficiencies in the Onkyo. I ended up getting the Denon 3808 and LOVE it. Do yourself a favor and go audition the new Denons (someone will have them in your area) and then make your decision. In the end I felt that the scalar difference wasn't a big enough deal to warrant the downsides I had read about. Feel free to respond with questions about the 3808 from someone who has used it for about a month.
On the lighter side, if you go onkyo/PS3 I will have your anti-system with a denon/360. I have considered the PS3 to repave it with Linux...