As to number 1, I didn't find the remote to be very useful as a universal. The play/rewind/etc buttons are too small and inconveniently located. In any case, the learning method does let you map things to whatever key you want, so that's what they mean. It works, but then you have to remember where everything is. Also, you have to match up the video sources to what H/K thinks they should be. IE TV has to be video2, VCR has to be video 1, even if you never, ever use the VCR (that is, if you want to program it by direct coede entry)
2. Haven't used it, but it seems to essentially be a timer. Gimmick.
3. I'd say try it at 80 Hz, and see how it is. I've got mine set at that, but I don't have the same speakers.
4. The EzSet sounds cool, but it won't calibrate a subwoofer. Haven't really used it, since I don't have surround sound. Give it a shot! I believe Alan likes it a lot.
5. I believe you can designate what inputs go together in the OSD. Haven't tried anything like that.
6. Vid1 and Vid3 would be open, afaik. I don't see why they wouldn't be.
7. The macros don't work too well. I haven't been able to get power ons to work. Gave up after extreme frustration with the remote.

Anyway, I do really, really like the 525. I just hate the remote.

Ken

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!