Quote:

I've heard the VP150V2 doesn't match quite as well with the M-60's, that in some slow pans you can hear the tonal difference. Any truth in this? I like having seamless imaging across the front stage, and wonder if this setup can do this. Please let me know.

There is no such thing as perfect timbre. 3 identical speakers across the same plane will give you the closest timbre match but that isn't a practical alternative for most so a horizontal speaker with similar drivers is the next best alternative. If you run sine waves through each of the 3 front speakers you will hear a slight change in tonality. Sometimes just moving the mains slightly or changing the height of the horizontal speaker will tighten up the timbre.

The VP100/150s timbre match up as much as possible with all the Axiom speakers given their shape, crossover networks and similar drivers. How those speakers interact acoustically in your room also affects timbre and that can be controlled somewhat with attention to placement and treatments.

John