Hi all,
Was traveling last week so I didn't think to post a follow up. The culprit was indeed the DTS setting in my Denon. Actually, it was the user's neglect in rechecking that setting after playing around with it, to be more honest.

It was set to 0 instead of -10. Because of this, I had turned up my sub to compensate, beyond what I used to have it at. When I played a DTS movie or certain music, like NiN, it was causing it to run a bit hot and 'distorting' the bass for lack of knowing what word best describes what I heard. I always tend to choose DTS when available so I didn't catch on. It wasn't as present in Dolby stuff. (I guess some DTS is truly louder bass wise)

I set the DTS setting back to -10 and I still felt the bass was a bit overwhelming (dial still high) but the rattle was gone. I turned the dial back to the pen mark at around 7:30 where I originally thought it sounded best and I was back to musical bliss.

In fact, the bass is actually more intense now. When it was rattling, you couldn't really feel the bass like you used to. Now I'm hearing and feeling it nicely again.

Thanks for your contributions! It turned on my light bulb, so to speak. I said it before and I'll say it again. Best product Web Board EVER!!

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.