I’ve had an Oppo 981 since December and love it. The video upscaling is fabulous but very dependent on the source. Recent movies like the last three “Star Wars” and the LOTRs movies look beautiful. The superbit edition of “The Fifth Element” is spectacular.

Only two issues so far. If the receiver isn’t powered up before the Oppo there is sometimes a HDMI handshake issue that causes the entire screen to display in shades of pink. Not an issue after I set a delay in my remote.

The other is the macro-blocking. I have only seen this in one movie out of hundreds. It showed up briefly in the opening sequence of “Master and Commander” when the ship moves through the fog bank. However, I don’t think all the Oppo models suffer from this, only the ones with the Faroudja chip hooked up to DLP displays I think.

I’m only just now getting into music with it so I nothing much to say here.

There order service was rapid. I place an internet order at 2:00 PM and it shipped at 4:00 PM the same day. Can’t comment on customer support as I’ve had no problems except those mentioned above.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1