Well, the pets at my parents house pulled really hard the interconnect cable that goes into the Line-In RCA of the EP500... I use Outlaw interconnects that have a locking system, and yes, due to the locking system, the RCA plug came undone as well... broken from inside!!!

Trying to fix it before I got home, my folks tried to open the faceplate of the amp to check on the RCA base, and guess what: they did not had the Torx with the little pins at the middle, so trying to open the faceplate they scratched all of it with improper tools!!!

Nothing to say other that the amp plate looks ugly.. I also learned tonight that the amp is not opened from the faceplate, but from 3 small screws on the plastic cover (once you remove the allen screws that support the faceplate on the cabinet). I need to find a similar RCA plug to solder in the place, or swap with the Line Out, as I dont have a second sub to chain up (yet).

Well, I have now the EP500 with no RCA Line-In and with the volume knob broken and missing (another history)... While I am not as upset with the cosmetics at the moment, I am upset I cant use the sub...

My urgent question is about connecting the RCA output of the receiver to the amp and running the EP500 from the High-Level inputs? I am not sure how it will affect the sound with that signal path, but I am hot-headed now and thinking little.

Please, some advise on this connection: Receiver-to-Amp-to-Ep500 HighLevelInput. I am worried a little as the sub signal has been already processed by the receiver+ICBM and the SMS, and I am thinking of getting the signal from the ICBM/SMS to the amp, and then to the high level inputs. Of course calibration will be a must, but do you guys see another problem with this signal path ? ?

Thanks