1) As for the QS-8, do you mean using them as main speakers or if they are good speakers to use with SACD/DVD-a or ProLogic II? As main speakers, they are very "diffuse" so I doubt they would give you good spatial positioning. As for ProLogic II, they are AMAZING. For SACD and DVD-a, it is trickier. All recordings that place the musicians in the front and have the back channels create "ambiance", the QS-8 are really, really good. For recordings (ex: Tacet Recordings from Germany) placing the listener in the middle, the sound remains accurate (even great!), but the instruments "behind you" sound like if they are floating around you and more to the side. It still sounds great, but it is not the effect intended by the sound engineer. Next week I will receive my final 2 QS-8 and will add them as 7.1 backs. I am fairly confident that this additional "positioning sonic info" will bring those back instruments "to the ground"!

2) The M80 are very neutral, so they are not "high-pitched" unless the source is.

3) Search for "Factory outlet" in this forum. There has been many, many inquiries on this topic and also lots of answers!

4-5) I have no idea.

Last edited by EFalardeau; 10/14/07 01:59 PM.

See Mojo's signature