I always enjoyed classical music when attending a live symphony. However, it always sounded dull and 'well just dull' on my previous sound systems. Therefore I actually own next to nothing in this genre. Now that I am enjoying music to entirely new levels with my Axioms, I have realized that classical can actually be exiting at home.

I have read of ton of posts here by JohnK as to recommendations on great CDs for both composition and sound quality but my searches only came up with links to a distributer that don't work anymore.

I would never ask you, John, to redo them all as there seemed to be hundreds but could I maybe ask you to some up a top 5 or top 10 list?

Before you slap me, they don't have to be links and I'll narrow down the criteria a bit for you as well. Basically a Top 5-10 'must haves' for the classically uneducated. I enjoy all the traditional composers but I especially enjoy when there works are exceptionally full of emotional energy.

Of course, anyone is invited to respond. I mention JohnK because he seems to have an endless library and an endless knowledge base.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.