Thanks everyone for their comments. Very good points. However, I don't think it is the wires. I feel like the issue has something to do with the 5.1 movie soundtracks. Music in 2 channel sounds quite good. In fact, I had my system tuned to a classical radio station last night, and I thought my wife had put on a CD, it was very clear for a radio signal. I'm only noticing it during movies. Also, their seems to be a harshness during certain dialogue in movies, so I feel like it is definitely something with the DVD playback. I may try playing with the DSP settings, althoug I'd rather not since I'm manipulating the dolby digital signal, etc. If that doesn't work, i will try another DVD player. I know more callibration is needed as well, so I will continue to to tweak it there as well. However, I've heard other systems that were not even callibrated right that didn't have this issue. Still, I do think it's best to make sure it is callibrated right. Most of my callibration has been done by ear so far, so I'll need to pick up that SPL meter soon. I will say that setting the center and surrounds to small and crossing them over(even though I don't have a sub yet), as well as lowering the trebble on the remote did help some, but I'm still hearing the "s" sounds and harshness at times, the dialoge still has a strange sound to it. I'll try some more tweaking this weekend and report back. I hope I can figure this out soon. I've heard great things about these speakers and am really hoping I can enjoy them. It's just been a little frustrating so far. Thanks everyone.